Before filling the tooth, the dentist conducts a multi-stage preparatory work, the purpose of which is to destroy the pathogenic focus, in order to exclude the possibility of dentin destruction under the filling. The followings are in the list of such events:
- Removal of affected or pigmented enamel areas.
- In the case of deep caries, pulpitis and other diseases of the dentin – opening of the dental crown and removal of damaged tissue.
- Formation of the cavity shape optimal for filling.
- Antiseptic treatment of the filling area.
- Drying and isolation from saliva.
Then comes the filling, which also takes place in several stages:
- If necessary, install an insulating gasket.
- Etching of the inner walls with special compounds to increase adhesion with the seal.
- Filling the cavity with filling materials.
- Packing and modeling the sealant.
- Highlight by the special polymerization lamp.
- Grinding and making anatomic form.