Prosthetics of teeth is the complete or partial restoration of teeth with the help of non-removable and removable structures: crowns, inlays, veneers, dentures on implants, etc.
The main trends of modern prosthetics are:
- Implant supported restoration.
- Prosthetics using of all-ceramic crowns or zirconia crowns (i.e. avoiding metal-ceramic crowns).
- First of all – occlusion accounting (how teeth will close), the restoration of the chewing function, together with the impact on the temporomandibular joint, the use of the articulator.
- Tooth preparation under the crown with a ledge (so that the edges of the crown were leaned on the native tooth).
- A clear understanding of chewing loads and other factors when planning prosthetics.